I’m currently stuck on deciding between 2 great free web hosts!
Here’s the breakdown:
Host # 1:
- short subdomain (about 3 char. long)
- cPanel w/fantastico
- PHP and Perl Support
- Unlimited Sub-domains, E-mail, & MySQL Databases
- Somewhat inactive owner
- somewhat active hostees
- very slow response (I posted a question at the forum and I only got a reply from the owner 10 days later)
- not responsible for back-ups
- owner has to review apps first
- reseller at surpasshosting
HOST # 2:
- long subdomain (about 14 char. long)
- No cPanel but has Webmin control panel instead
- Unlimited space and bandwidth
- Up to 2 subdomains (more upon request) and up to 5 websites
- PHP 5.2, Ruby on Rails 1.2, MySql 5.0, phpMyAdmin, etc.
- regular offsite back-ups
- Very active owner (I sent 2 questions through email to him already and responded less than 30 minutes!)
- Somewhat inactive hostees
- very selective when it comes to hostees (But I fit)
- own server
I’m not linking to the sites because I don’t want to attract applications from noobs and abusers if you know what I mean…
The site I’m planning to make is a personal site and portfolio/fanlisting collective. I might buy a domain name and my own hosting account next year when I get my online payment stuff set-up. But for now, free-hosting will do.
What do you guys think? Any opinion is much appreciated.
With many features other website hosting companies charge for free at Heart Internet, their unlimited hosting and powerful dedicated server hosting are the logical choice for webmasters of all sizes. Their market leading reseller account has been designed with web designers and developers in mind, offering a completely white label and customizable reseller hosting environment.
We strive to give unbiased and independent reviews or comparisons based on price, company reputation, previous customers satisfaction and our own experiences of using certain products or services. While every reasonable effort is made to ensure that the information provided on this site is accurate, no guarantees for the currency or accuracy of information are made.
We may receive compensation from purchases made via links on this site. Some links do not have any affiliation or compensation whatsoever, but are included for their merit to readers.